Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tankless Hot Water Heater

Ten years ago the hot water heater in my camper rusted out. Due to my not liking a 5 gal hot water heater with a pilot light that would cost about $500.00 to replace....I did without. I heated my water on my stove and washed dishes and bathed the old fashion way. Plus I didn't complain since I am all about living as Green as I can. 

 As a belated Birthday gift, my super wonderful son installed an EZ Tankless Hot water heater for me a few days ago. I wanted see just how it worked before sharing if I liked it or not.  

Well. I don't like it.....I LOVE it! It is very nice having instant hot water for washing dishing and general cleaning. Having a nice hot shower really rocks. 
EZ Tankless 101
I found this on Amazon.com and sent the link to my son. Most of the reviews were positive. The only problem my son had was finding the right fittings to hook up the water (in and out) and the propane line. Thankfully an employee at the local Ace Hardware found this an intriguing challenge and put together workable fittings. 

This tank uses 2 D batteries to fire the propane so there is no pilot light to burn-up propane. It has a 15 minute safety cut-off but if you need more just cut it off and back on and you will have another 15 minutes of hot water. 

This is perfect for anyone who needs hot water who would like or is living off grid. My son installed my on the back side of my camper and built a roof to keep it out of the rain. If installed inside you would need to vent it. 

At a price of $144.95 my son even if we need to replace in 3 to 5 years it is a good buy. 

I'm adding a link to it on my blog. If you are wishing to live a little greener check it out. 

Now I'm adding Solar Panels to my Wish List! 

Wishing Peace, Love, Health, and Wealth to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails