Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spring Nesting and Other News

Hello and Welcome to old and new friends....

I am happy to share my latest nesting photos. Carolina Chickadees are one of my favorite birds. A pair nested in one of my Bluebird boxes. 


They hatched without a problem...
Four healthy babes. They have fledged and are being taught how to forge in the wild. 

In another nest box a pair of Tufted-titmice nested. It was an interesting nest because they added bits of snake skin to the nest. The whitest items on the right and left are snake skins.
 I checked the nest box a few days later and was met with a very protective Tufted-titmouse Mom.
She hissed at me like a snake and spread her tail feathers. It was enough to make me run after I took this quick picture. 
This is a pic of the hatched sweet Tufted-titmouse babes...

Wishing Peace, Love, Health, and Wealth to All! 

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails