Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Case of the Vanishing Bird Cakes

Many of my readers are aware that I make my own bird cakes. I have 2 suet feeders. One is inside a metal cage so it keeps the squirrels out along with larger birds. The other one is the common green one that you can find just about anywhere. I hang this one on my baffled feeder pole for both the small and larger birds. 


I put a new cake out last week and it was gone in 2 days. Huh? I thought maybe those darn squirrels had found a way to reach it. On my day off I replaced the cake and waited. 

I was amazed when this critter showed-up....



.....an American Crow!


OK. He ate some bird seeds then he flew down....
....and then he flew upward.
Sorry this is the best photo I could get of this bird cake loving Crow. I pushed the suet feeder closer to the pole which made it more difficult but he figured it out and proceeded to finish the cake the next day. 


So....I will wait a few more days before I fill it in hopes that the Crow will forget about it. 


I sure hope he doesn't get mad and try to seek revenge. They are known to decorate the cars of people they don't like. Ugh.


Now I can include American Crows to the list of birds that enjoy my homemade bird cakes! 


Wishing Peace,Health,Wealth,and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails