Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Inch Worm Inch Worm Make Me A Dress....

I recently got the opportunity to teach my Granddaughter about the humble Inch Worm. 
As a child I was taught that if an Inch Worm inched along your arm or leg it meant he/she was measuring you for a new dress. 
 Francesca has a bit of an insect phobia...so this was a great calm Caterpillar to help quell her fears. 
By the Way....she got a new dress along with a matching one for her American Girl Doll. Those Inch worms certainly are amazing!!!


UPDATE:  Thanks to Granny in FL (one of my regular commenters) for reminding me that there was an old Inch Worm Song. I found this one with Danny Kaye. 






This Inch Worm turns into a Geometer Moth. Click the link to learn more. 


Wishing Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails