Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brown-headed Nuthatch Eggs Have Hatched!

I checked the nestbox last week and the eggs hadn't hatched. After calling out to the Mama and gently tapping on the side....she usually flies out and fusses at me from the nearby pine tree. This time and for the next 2 days....she sat tight on the nest and allowed me to take her picture. So sweet!




Mama Nuthatch is almost hidden behind the puffs of insulation.


Sunday (Easter) I checked the nestbox and found the wee hatchlings. They are the tiniest I have ever seen! 


This last picture was taken today. They are growing really fast!


We are under a Freeze Advisory tonight. I am seriously considering plugging the top vent. This could help Mom and Pop keep their precious babes warm. 


It timely that these babes hatched on Easter. Makes me smile to think about it.


I am linking this post to World Bird Wednesday . If you love birds then you will enjoy this meme!


Wishing Peace, Health, Wealth and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails