Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Brown-headed Nuthatches Checking Out a Birdhouse

Last weekend I enjoyed sitting outside and enjoying our early spring weather. I was entertained by a pair of Brown-headed Nuthatches as they checked out one of my Bluebird Houses. 






What really makes this special is the fact that these birds are almost on the endangered list. 
http://audubon2.org/watchlist/viewSpecies.jsp?id=41


These friendly birds don't seem to be afraid of us two legged creatures. I often have filled a feeder and had one fly in and grab a bite before I could walk away. They like my homemade bird cakes and black oil sunflower seeds. 


Last year Carolina Chickadees nested in this nestbox. Maybe this year the nuthatches will claim it....we will see.


Wishing Peace,Health,Wealth,and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails