Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Keeping Life Simple ~ Happy Thanksgiving 2011

In a nutshell: My doctor has put me on a Low Carb diet due to my gaining 20 lbs since quitting smoking a year ago. I am spending much of what free time I can spare studying the Atkins diet, exercising and getting ready for Christmas. The big 6-0 birthday is just weeks away and my metabolism has changed. Cutting back on calories like I had done in the past is not working. My energy level has also been low for months. Getting healthy is on the top of my to-do-list. After all I have a Granddaughter who needs me. 

Allow me to brag a little. She had her first piano recital a couple of weeks ago. I am so proud of her! Please excuse my unprofessional video. I am still learning. 


In order to keep living a simple life.....I must cut back on time spent online (I can't retire just yet). Hopefully this will be temporary and I will soon return leaner and bursting with energy.  

BIRDING NOTE: With a Cooper's Hawk hanging out and the unusual warm weather not many birds are visiting my feeders. A couple of Juncos and one White-throated Sparrow visit several days ago but I didn't get any usable photos. The birds will return with the cooler temps. 

I wish I had a photo of a wild turkey to share for Thanksgiving. However here is Bella the neighborhood chicken. She first showed-up in my yard on Labor Day and is very skittish. I don't know where she came from or where she goes when she wanders outside of my yard.  She is getting use to my feeding her and my presence and I like her a lot. 


Don't worry about me like I worry about Bella when she doesn't show up for a day or two. 

Happy Thanksgiving and Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to ALL! 

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails