Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Brake For Birds ~ World Bird Wednesday

I will brake for any animal who runs or flies in front of my car and I will also brake when I spot a cool bird in a tree, yard or field, or on a power line. 

For weeks I have drove past this bird on the power line along the road I travel to work. Often a car would be behind me and I couldn't brake or stop to get a photo. Finally a few days ago I got my chance. 


Seeing Red-tailed Hawks on power line are rather common. I even saw one in the middle of Marietta at a busy intersection on my way to Atlanta! This proves that this is an urban hawk. 

Red-tailed Hawks are the most common hawk in North America. They will eat birds and snakes but mainly dine on small mammals and carrion. So don't worry about one stalking the birds at your feeders. 

I have watched these beautiful hawks since I was a child but this is my first photo of one. 

If you are ever driving behind me on a country road you have been forewarned.....I Brake For Birds!

Check out World Bird Wednesday for more birds!!!

Wishing Peace,Health,Wealth,and Love to ALL! 

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails