Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Audubon Magazine: Fall Migration Hot Spots!

I would like to say that Georgia and Alabama are filled with great places to watch the migrating birds.


Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are needing help due the weird weather. Please keep your feeders up for a few more weeks. The "rule" is to not take it down until you haven't had a Hummer for 2 weeks. Here in Georgia....if you continue to maintain a feeder during fall and winter...you could get a visit from one of several Western species. How cool would that be? 


Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird


Hawks are another bird that is migrating. I have already had a Cooper's Hawk scare the heck out of my birds....and my hen...Bella. She was clucking in an alarming tone...I looked out and there he was on the fence post. Bella hid under my camper  and wouldn't come out for a couple of hours. 
Cooper's Hawk

Check out Audubon Magazine's great article on Fall Migration!

Wishing Peace, Health,Wealth, and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails