Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grey Catbird ~ World Bird Wednesday

Usually the pair of Grey Catbirds only come to my yard to visit my bird baths. But lately I noticed they were hanging out longer than normal. 



This was unusual behavior for these birds. Huh?


The Catbirds have discovered my bird cakes!!! Since they are in the same family (Mimidae) as Mockingbirds and Thrashers....I really shouldn't be major surprised. Catbirds are just a wee bit behind their cousins in finding food in a suet feeder. Hopefully I will get some better photos before they migrate. 

It is always exciting to see a bird visit a feeder for the first time. I would love to hear from others who have seen Grey Catbirds at a suet feeder. 

Check out World Bird Wednesday at The Pine River Review to see cool birds from around the World.

Wishing All Peace,Health,Wealth, and Love!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails