Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Confession: I Am a Lazy Birder

Although I am not against traveling to bird watch, I am more comfortable and content observing the birds that visit my yard/garden. It is a delight to see birds liking the habitat that I built for them.


The past few days I kept the computer off and focused on the bird action just outside my door. (My way of keeping it Simple.) There was so much going on I didn't know which way to point my camera! Here are the highlights: 


Male Eastern Towhee Feeding A Juvenile

Very Vocal Juvenile House Finches Waiting to Be Fed

Juvenile Red-bellied Woodpecker Waiting for a Morsel.....

......Don't worry as it is on it's way!

I am thrilled that there will be a second Eastern Bluebird nesting! Mama Bluebird has been very busy gathering pine straw for the new nest. 

Papa Bluebird is always on the watch and will inspect her work.
Sadly the photos of two of their babes from their first nesting wasn't worth saving. Hopefully they will agree to a photo session soon. It is cool to hear them singing in the woods. 

Just one of several young Northern Cardinals doing the "I want to be fed flutter". Note: All the juveniles have a black bill or beak. 

A pair of Brown Thrashers show-up daily. There must be a nest nearby.

There were many other sightings but will end it with the Brown Thrasher. I hope y'all can see why I tell folks that I live in Bird Heaven! 

Check-out the other entry's at Springman's World Bird Wednesday !!!

Peace,Health,Wealth, and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails