Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Bird Sightings

Yesterday I drove to Atlanta to celebrate Mother's Day with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Had a super great visit...but didn't see any notable birds.  Today...my son drove up from middle Georgia and we did see some cool birds. 


I showed him the Eastern Bluebird nestlings. They should fledge later this week. 



This American Robin gave us a show at the bird bath. 




My son got to add this bird to his Life List....Indigo Bunting. 




We ventured to the nearby swamp on Harbin Bridge Road before going to a wonderful lunch. This Great Blue Heron was very focused on catching his/her lunch. I love this swamp! 




I didn't get a picture of the Grey Catbird's visit to the bird bath...but my son got to add this bird to his Life List also. OK...this is just a wee list of the birds we sighted. Didn't wish to overwhelm y'all.


It was a great Mother's Day (weekend) for me. I sure hope all Moms had a great Mother's Day as well!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails