Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Calm After the Storm

It has been an interesting last few days. I'm sure everyone has heard and seen pictures of the destruction of the Mega Storm that hit the South. Thankfully I was missed but 200 homes in my county where damaged or leveled. It is truly amazing that no one was killed. 


I have heard many stories of Miracles. One was of a family that was in the bath tub. The father was over them protecting them. He got knocked out and when he came to and looked up the house lay around them. Another family weathered the storm in a closet under the stairs. When the Tornado passed and they came out.... the Closet was the only thing standing. 


The pictures do not show you the full scope of the horrible damage. So I decided not to post any. 


What I will share is that my Carolina Chickadees fledged after the storm. I wasn't home to witness their first flight but I do hear them in the woods begging to be fed. I cleaned out the nest (wearing a scarf over my mouth and nose as a precaution). Chickadees build very pretty nests of moss, dried grasses and topped with the fur from my cats. They also will use human,dog,and horse hair. 




The Eastern Bluebird nestlings are doing well and are growing by leaps and bounds. Note the one with his/her head between his feet. This is so cute! 




 My thoughts and prayers are with all who suffered a lost due to this Mega Storm. 


Wishing All Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails