Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Carolina Chickadee Hatchlings!

The Carolina Chickadee eggs have hatched.  I was watching the nestbox last Wednesday (3 days ago) and noticed Mom and Dad going in and out. This afternoon I check and yes....there are 4 eitty, bitty,major tiny, and sweet Carolina Chickadees babes.


The Sun created a glare...however you can make out the 4 wee ones...




I took one more photo before closing the box. Ya gotta be quick when monitoring a nest.



Mama Bluebird flew out of the nestbox....




So...I checked her nest....




I was so happy to see 5 eggs!  It takes 12 to 14 days of incubation for Eastern Bluebird eggs to hatch.  I will keep y'all posted. 


Wishing All...Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love! Life is Good!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails