Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

World Bird Wednesday XV

If you know me then you know that Eastern Bluebirds are at the top of my list of favorite birds. Last year they didn't nest here which broke my heart. Last weekend while siting outside. I was blessed with this beautiful pair checking out the nestboxes. The photos may not be the greatest in the world but I am thrilled just the same.  Geez....I sure hope they like one of the nestboxes this year. If you have ever hosted Blues then you know what pleasure it is to watch them raise a family. 


This is the pretty female. We know she is the one who decides where to nest. After they left I removed the plugs to winterize the boxes. Should the weather turn cold again I can easily replace them. 






This is the best shot I was able to get of the handsome male. He kept his eye on his mate and wouldn't pose of me. 




This is a shot of them together. Sweet!




If you are interested in learning more about Bluebirds and other cavity nesting birds check out this top notch site: Sialis

World Bird Wednesday is really growing.  Click the link to see a listing of others who love to share their stories and photos of our wonderful feathered friends from around the World! 


World Bird Wednesday  


Wishing Y'all Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love......plus Bluebirds!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails