Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Update: Great Backyard Bird Count Event

Friday the 18th kicked off the Great Backyard Bird Count. I had to work so didn't get to count but yesterday I spent roughly 8 hours watching the birds at my window and plan on doing the same today. 


The high was in the 70's yesterday so I only counted 15 different species. Last year it snowed so over 20 species showed-up for me to count over the 4 day event. Oh well....this gives me an excuse to just sit here and bird watch instead of doing chores or running errands....etc.....etc.  (big smile)


If you live in the US or Canada it isn't to late to participate in the count and the photo contest. They always draw a few names and give away some really nice prizes. Also they have a Photo Gallery where you can submit to enter that contest. Here is the link to learn more: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/

I took this picture yesterday of a male Pine Warbler. They only visit suet feeders in the winter. 




I will share other updates as a Comment. Please feel free to share your count results. I would love to know. 


Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to All.  Oh....and Happy Birding!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails