Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

World Bird Wednesday X

Last week I chopped a ripe apple and offered it on a small table under my Crabapple tree (all those apples had been eaten weeks ago) hoping to attract a flock of Eastern Bluebirds.This tree is not easily seen from inside my camper. My hopes were the Blues would eat the apple and then visit my water-garden which is in my line of vision. I keep the waterfall pump going 24/7. { Birding Hint: The sound of moving water really attracts the birds.} 


Well...dang....I didn't get to see any Blues but a small flock of these very cool birds (at least I think they are cool) devoured the chopped apple and then hung-out at my water-garden long enough for me to get these captures. Left click to view larger.









Guess many of y'all have recognized these beloved birds as American Robins. Funny how having this flock's visit gave me so much joy!!! 


American Robins rarely migrate as I use to believe. They gather in flock in winter and retreat to the woods for food. They do not visit seed feeders but fruit and a water source will attract them to yards/gardens.  


OK....I didn't see any Eastern Bluebirds visit but I am a very happy camper (pun intended) with the flock of American Robins. Guess I need to buy more apples. 


Check-out Springman's World Bird Wednesday for more splendid birding blogs!!!


World Bird Wednesday X

Wishing lots of Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to All!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails