Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day in North Georgia Jan.10th, 2011

This winter storm was predicted so I did my part to prepare for it by stocking up on groceries, batteries, and propane...oh and bird food. I'm really glad I did. 


It started snowing around 8:00PM yesterday and this morning I measured almost 7 inches of Snow!  Forgive my excitement or amazement but this is very unusual for us in the Southeast. Needless to say I am snowed in.  With zero experience driving in snow and ice....I am staying home. I'm cooking some comfort food and enjoying the birds.  


Here are a few photos of the snow and birds in my yard.  Left click on the pictures to enlarge them.










This last time we have had this much snow was in March 1993. That was a really freaky storm. Dang....I may not be able to get out tomorrow due the temps not getting above freezing.  Oh well....the snow is very pretty. Wish I had a nearby hill to slide down. 


Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to All!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails