Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Turning a Negitive into a Positive

Suffering from an illness such as pneumonia (or other) can be such a downer.  This has kicked my butt but being the optimistic that I am....I created something positive from being so dang ill. 


Many of my online friends did not know that I was a smoker. This has been an embarrassing habit for years.  I have tried to quit for years and kept failing.  Months ago I started praying that one day I would wake-up, take a puff, and it would make me so sick that I would quit.  Well.....that day came a week ago.  It made me so sick that the mere thought of lighting-up again turns my stomach. I was so sick that I slept though the nicotine withdrawals.  Now that I am mending.....only the "habit" of lighting-up in certain situations come-up.  I just notice them, breathe, and they past in a minute or two. 


I cannot tell you how empowering it feels to free from this addiction. My life will change for the better in so many ways.  This is how free I feel.....




Male Eastern Bluebird 




Male Northern Cardinal




Male Blue Grosbeak


Yep.....I feel as free as a bird!!!  I hesitated to share this on the World Wide Web...but thought maybe it could help one or two who would love to rid themselves of this unhealthy habit.  If you wish to quit smoking start praying for the desire to be taken away.  Watch out for "how" you pray for it.HA!  Quiting is really "all in the mind"....set your mind to quiting and it will be easier. Note: it could take months/years for this to manifest. Don't give up or make it a struggle. 


Peace, Health, Wealth, and LOVE......to all man/womankind! 

P.S.  This post is dedicated to you my dear granddaughter....Francesca. You helped me quit....just by being you!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails