Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Caught the Dang Flu!

UPDATE:  I tried to go back to work and started feeling worse so I finally went to my doctor.  Found out I didn't have the "flu" but pneumonia.  Gee....the symptoms can be similar.  Got a shot in my back-side and antibiotics to take for the next few days.  I'm feeling weak but fell certain I will be back on my feet in a week or so......Thanks for the supportive comments!!!




Last Friday afternoon I started to feel sick so I came home early from work. Turns out I had caught the flu.  I have been quite ill. This is one bad strain of flu. Finally I am able to eat and starting to regain my strength. I have never had a flu shot but I will consider getting them in the future. So.... this is why I haven't been able to visit my favorite blogs or post the Funnies for Sunday post. I will try to catch-up on the blogs in the next few days. 


I really struggled to keep my feeders and bird baths filled and barely could watch my precious birds.  Yes...I pushed myself to maintain them even if I couldn't watch my feathered friends for very long.  Somehow I did manage to get a few decent pictures!


There are now 3 Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks visiting the feeders and bird baths. I feel this is a young male. In a mature male the red spot would be solid red.



Today I looked out and a female Hummingbird was at the feeder. They are still migrating! She refused to turn around for me. 




Last....the "Hawk" came back again, visited the small bird bath for a drink then perched in a pine tree for maybe 2 to 3 minutes. Again... he didn't attempt to catch any songbirds. He just watched them!  Hmmm.....???  




Well....I'm feeling tired so will go back to bed. At least I got this post written. Thanks for the wonderful comments on my last post and the Entrecard support! 


Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to All......and consider getting a flu shot if you haven't already!



ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails