Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall is the Time For Change

I am finally starting to get my strength back and hope to return to work this coming Monday. In the meantime watching the birds has been a super way to stay out of depression. Yep...being sick can foster depression.  Plus add to situation that I quit smoking!  My body and mind are going though many changes.  My spirit is behind this change 100%.  Having the support of my family and friends has really helped.  I appreciate your positive comments and encouragements to stay smoke-free. 


Sharkbytes, has inspired me to renew my interest in hiking. I sprung for these nice hiking shoes just before I got pneumonia.  Check-out her blog:  http://myqualityday.blogspot.com/ for great hiking stories and information. I can't wait to really break them in!




The birds have really been hitting the feeders lately.  The Red-shouldered Hawk returned to the edge of the woods. He was doing his call and flew away but returned about 30 minutes later and got a Cardinal for lunch. Didn't get any pictures...it happened so quickly. 


At night an Owl has been hooting away. I'm not sure but I think it could be a Barred Owl. Been living here for nine years and this is the first time I have heard an Owl. Things are looking up!


A White-throated Sparrow showed-up a couple of days ago. They don't normally arrive this early. Hmmm....wonder if this is a sign that we will have a rough winter? Anyway...this is the photo of this pretty sparrow. Click Here to learn more about this sweet sparrow.




Wishing Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to ALL!  (I am STILL Smoke-Free!)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails