Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rose Lawn Arts Festival - Cartersville, Georgia

Finally...Cartersville has hosted a top notch Arts Festival. Rose Lawn is a historical landmark. This a picture of the marker in front of this beautiful house. I couldn't get a picture of the  home due to all the traffic.




I was hungry and found a vendor selling baked sweet potatoes with "real" butter and topped with brown sugar and cinnamon. I sat and enjoyed the live music of this duet (Tammy & Dave) from Canton, Georgia while devouring my lunch. I loved the songs they sang from the 70s! 



After eating my (somewhat) healthy lunch, I started looking around at the booths. Of course I am drawn to the ones that sell birding items. I loved these very cool bird  houses...but they are not suited for outdoor use. 
Never buy birdhouses with perches or one that doesn't have a door. They need to be cleaned out after the babes  have fledged. Perches encourage House Sparrows to nest.




Y'all remember my mason jar feeder? Take a look at this one made of red cedar. The price was only $48.00. Oh....how I was tempted!




I love supporting our local artists! The following 3 paintings were created by: Ms. Davis....visit her Facebook link to see more of her artwork. Tell her hello from me.:)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cartersville-GA/The-Sassy-Peacock/140718369304335?ref=ts&v=wall  You go Girl!!!






This one is really fun!




Margo Hatch is another very talented local artist. You can reach her at marg1278@aol.com. 
I so wanted to buy this painting...but I have limited wall space in a camper.




Maybe I need to become a "wild woman" so I won't get the Blues! hehehe 


I hope y'all enjoyed the festival. Please come back soon...ya hear?


Peace, Health, Wealth, and LOVE to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails