Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Etowah River Flowers and Yard Birds

I have Wednesdays off from work so today I visited the nearby Etowah River. I was hoping to see some birds but instead found some pretty late Summer flowers blooming. 


To start I wish to show you our beautiful river. 




This flower was blooming profusely near the river banks. I think it is a native form of Coreopsis which is also called Tickseed.  They are over 2 feet tall!  I grow a shorter variety in my garden and will have to go back and collect a few seeds.




I am befuddled about the ID of this flower. It is unusual and the bees really liked it. I couldn't find it in my Georgia Native Plant Guide. Anyone know the ID?




I'm also not sure about these pretty purple flowers. They remind me of Asters. Help with the ID would be appreciated.




One final picture of flowers. Native Golden Rods are blooming along side of the purple flowers. I thought they made a very nice combination. Mother Nature really knows best!




I took this photos after my visit to the river. I was lucky to capture this Carolina Chickadee. They are very quick birds!




A pair of Northern Cardinals had a late brood. This youngster was very vocal and wanted to be fed continually. This shot took alot of much patiences. You don't want to know the number of shots that were duds and I had to delete. They kept hiding in the foliage. Finally I got my opportunity! 
The dad looks like he is molting or has a problem with mites. It always warms my heart to see a male bird feed his young. How sweet is this picture?




Wishing All....Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love!




ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails