Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds

Sunday was very pleasant and I positioned myself outside near the Hummingbird feeder in hope that I would get a half-way decent shot of one in flight. I took many but only saved one and I'm not all that thrilled with it.  Anyway, I enjoyed being outside and watching the action at the feeder. One day I will get a super-duper shot of these flying gems! 


I "think" this is a juvenile male due to the dark markings on his throat. Here he is with a butterfly (Fritillary...?) at the feeder. 




The same juvenile with a wasp.




I took this picture of a male yesterday from inside my camper.




And here is a female. Notice how her throat feathers are fainter than the Hummer in my my first two pictures. That is why I feel the first Hummer is a juvenile male. 




Hummingbirds = Joy!


Wishing Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails