Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Carolina Wren Nestlings

I enjoy Carolina Wrens year-round and they do nest somewhere nearby but I haven't been able to locate their nests. My son who lives in middle Georgia has had these delightful birds nest twice in the same location in his storage shed this summer. He called me a couple of days ago asking for advice since one nestling had fallen out of the nest. It is a myth that if you touch a baby bird that the parents will abandon it. So...while we were talking he gently replaced the babe in the nest. I asked him to take some pictures of the nestlings and he sent these last night. 


Sweet looking babes in their interesting nest! Don't you agree? Click on the pictures  to see them larger.




This is a picture of an adult Carolina Wren taken at my place.




Thanks son (Ryan) for allowing me to share your pictures with the world. Love you, Mom.


Wishing all....Peace, Health, Wealth and Love!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails