Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Brown-Headed Nuthatch

Brown-Headed Nuthatches live in the Southeast year-round and are accidental as far North as Wisconsin, Ohio, and New Jersey. They are very friendly and will often wait nearby while I am refilling a feeder. My homemade bird cakes and black oil sunflower seeds are their favorites. It is also fun to watch them work the seeds out of pine cones. Their call sounds like the squeak of a rubber duck. A group of them will twitter. They are so darn cute but sadly their numbers are slowly declining in Georgia. I feel blessed that they like to live in my Pines. 


This picture I dressed-up my picture of a classic pose in Photobucket. 




It's back to work for me today. and of course.....
Wishing y'all Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails