Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation Bird Sightings

It was nice to spend two full  days sitting outside doing nothing but bird watching with a pro. Here is a sample of the birds that visited or was heard.


American Goldfinches are wanders. I will see them every few days. 




He is scratching an itch in this shot.




This is the first year that Chipping Sparrows have hung around to nest. I usually have many of them  in the Winter and then they vanish.




This Grey Catbird is a daily visitor. He/she loves the bird bath.




I took this picture before my friend arrived of the Great Crested Flycatcher. Dee kept hear this bird all around us. I now can recognize their song. My camera focused on the branches and this cool bird. Here it is anyway. 
Edit:  I mis-ID'ed this bird. This is an American Robin as Rebecca graciously pointed out in her comment. Check-out her fine nature site Rebecca in the Woods. Many thanks, Rebecca!




I was very happy that a Blue Grosbeak showed up. This was one bird Dee got to add to his Life List.




Last but not least is a close-up of the male Eastern Bluebird.




Well....back to work for me tomorrow. I had a great vacation! I will close with this quote I found in the latest issue of Birds&Blooms written by Plant Doctor Melinda Myers. 


".....relax and have fun. Let your garden help you though stressful and difficult times. Think of it as a place to celebrate each day alone or with others."


I couldn't agree more Melinda!  


Wishing Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to All!!!



ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails