Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mystery Bird Visit

After my son-in-law picked-up my granddaughter I mowed the grass.  While taking a break in my outside sitting area I took these pictures of this bird that I "think" may be a Crested Flycatcher. I sent the pictures to my friend Dee who is very good at bird I.D's. Haven't heard back from him. This bird sat in the Service Berry tree then flew away.  I didn't get a look at his tail which would have helped.  


Does anyone know for sure the I.D. of this bird? I checked online and my Field Guide. The Rufus head feathers are throwing me.  Neither the less this was a very cool sighting!


UPDATE:  Just heard from Dee and he confirmed that this is a Great Crested Flycatcher.  Woo Hoo!  I get to add this bird to my Life List.:-D)






Peace, Health, Wealth, and Love to ALL!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails