Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hazy, Lazy, Dreamy Days of Summer

We are still experiencing a major heat wave which is uncommon for June. Again today the high will be around 95 degrees. Makes me wonder what the temps will be in July and August. Oh....I don't want to think about it!  


I still have birds visiting my feeders but not like I did a week ago. They must be forging in the wild for bugs and ripe berries. Keeping my bird baths filled has replaced the need to refill the feeders daily. If I were a bird I would retreat to the woods where it is cooler or to the river. 


Yesterday was my day off from work and I didn't see the Cowbirds or the Red-Wing Blackbirds. It appears that disabling the mason jar feeder has worked. Mourning Doves are still visiting but not like before. Sitting outside with the fan blowing I tried to get some bird pictures. I focused on a female Cardinal on a tree branch. As as I took the picture she was run off by this Mourning Dove. 




This was the only bird photo I was able to get.... Dang it!


I would like to share with you the cool gift my Mom brought back from her trip to North Carolina. She visited my niece who lives on the coast. I love the way the wind chines look and the sound of the delicate shells make in the slightest breeze. I felt I was on a beach.....and very dreamy.




OK....Jean wake-up! You have to face reality and go to work!


Peace to All and Do Stay Cool!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails