Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pictures From Atlanta!

I had a wonderful time with my granddaughter!  We started a flower garden in the back yard by putting down layers of newspaper and covering it with pine straw.  We also played pretend....alot.:) Everyone should hang-out with a wee one who is around 5 or 6.  It is good for your Heart and Soul.


I showed her the pictures of the Corn Snake and she pretended that her jump rope was a snake.




Friday was her last day of school and she graduated from Pre-K.  She was very happy about getting a trophy. 




I am amazed at the birds I saw in their back yard. Cardinals, Mockingbirds, Robins, Carolina Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, Brown-headed Nuthatch, Eastern Towhee, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Eastern Bluebird, and White-breasted Nuthatch.  Due to my batteries needing a re-charge and my forgetting my reading glasses.  (O.K. That is my story and I am sticking to it.)  I only have one bird picture to share. It is funny that I have to go to Atlanta to see this cute bird.  They live only 10 minutes from downtown Atlanta.


The White Breasted Nuthatches on their very old Oak in the backyard.






My Granddaughter calls this young Mimosa tree in the front yard her Lady Bug Tree. I had an opportunity to teach her a little about the Birds and the Bees.  Thanks goodness she didn't ask for more information. This is the first time I have seen Lady Bugs mating and there were more than one pair. Notice there is a red ant nearby.  So this is my most interesting picture (not the most precious) to share from my stay in Atlanta.




When I got home all the feeders where empty.  I quickly filled them and soon......to be continued.


Peace, Love, Heath, & Wealth....To All!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails