Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Mixed Bag

Being back at work has really cut into my time spent online and watching my birds.  My legs and feet haven't adjusted to standing for 10 hours either. I hope I will adjust on all levels of being and learn to manage my new schedule.  Heck...I have a dang "Time" issue!


Birdchick76 asked in a comment how to keep Crows from visiting her feeders and scaring off her songbirds.  She is having to bring her feeders in whenever she is not around to run the rascals off. I don't have a good answer for her since Crows have never visited my feeders.  Does anyone have a solution for her?  


Speaking of Crows....I can't tell if they ran off my nesting Blue Jay since I have been working the last two days.  Today is my day off so I will be watching and listening.


I checked the Carolina Chickadee nestlings this morning.  They now look like their parents and should be fledging in a few days.  Since I don't want them to fledge early I will not open the nestbox again unless I suspect something is wrong.  They sure have grown and changed since last week.


   


 This pair of Brown-headed Nuthatches have been loudly checking out another nestbox the few days.  For being such tiny birds they sure can raise a ruckus!  As of this morning no nest has been started so I'm not sure why they keep going in and out.  Anyway I got this picture of them during one of their visits.  I sure hope they claim the nestbox.  




Northern Cardinals are year-round regulars in my yard.  I'm sure they nest somewhere in the bushy wild area just outside my yard.  Yesterday I watched a male tenderly give his mate a seed.  I didn't get a picture of the sweet ritual.  Maybe one day....sigh.  One male did pose for me on an amethyst cluster setting on top of a fence post.     




A female Ruby-throated Hummingbird arrived last week. Here she is on one of the feeders.



I do have a cool gift for my granddaughter.  I will share a picture of it and details on where I ordered it in my next post.  Maybe I can get it posted tonight or tomorrow morning before heading to work. I also have a neat surprise but it will take me a while to figure out how to include it to a post. I still have much to learn about computers!  Well, a friend is coming for lunch so I need to get moving!


Wishing All a day of Peace!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails