Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Feel Blessed!

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside enjoying the sights, sounds, and fragrances of Nature.  All of a sudden I was filled with a sense of peace and gratitude.  I asked myself what more could I possibly want or need?  My mind went blank.  At that glorious moment I knew that I am truly blessed to have my humble home and little piece of Paradise.  I am sharing this in hope that everyone will stop and notice the gifts and beauty around you.  


These are a few of my latest gifts from Mother Nature.  I will start with a Red-bellied Woodpecker.  I like this shot because it shows the red tinted feathers on his belly thus how they got their name.  They are carrying chunks to their nestlings.  I can't wait to see them at the feeders.




 A Mockingbird at my water garden.  I love watching them scare up bugs by flashing their wings. The white wing feathers frighten insects and causes them to jump.


  
A female Cardinal waiting for a turn at the suet feeder.




The female Red-wing Blackbird was chattering up a storm yesterday. 




My friend Steve in NC calls these two the Blues Brothers.:)  They often share a meal.  The male Indigo Bunting is on the left and the male Blue Grosbeak is on the right.  I hope y'all aren't tired of seeing these birds.




I picked these Strawberries yesterday.  They were good in my cereal this morning.  Ah....life's simple pleasures.




Last but not least....this cute Chipmunk is going to Bird Church.  Hey...it is Sunday!



Wishing All a Wonderful Day.  Remember to count your blessings and hold them in your Heart for a Rainy Day.  Peace!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails