Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Homemade Bird Cakes, Birds and a Rat!

I have decided to sell the recipe for my homemade Lard/Peanut-butter Cakes. It would be a hassle to mail the cakes in a way where they wouldn't melt.  Just click on the Jean's Bird Cakes tab at the top if you would like to make this cakes yourself.  My birds prefer these over what you can buy in a store. Please feel free to ask me any questions.  


I took this picture of the Brown Thrashers yesterday afternoon.  The parent would go to my suet feeder while the babe was waiting below to be fed.  I call this picture "Big Mouth".:)




Here is the handsome adult Brown Thrasher. I am so enjoying these birds! Country Mouse, they do  have a nice song and call.  They mimic other birds just not as often as a Mockingbird.




For some reason a Crow has been flying into the tree just outside my window for days.  Every time I pick-up my camera he flies away.  This is the only picture I could get and it turned out a bit weird looking.




A Mourning Dove on top of my waterfall. 




I have Cardinals feeding their babes also. The only picture I got turned out blurry.  So...this is one from last Summer. The babe was doing the wing flutter.  This morning I watched as a Brown Thrasher chased a male Cardinal around in circles under a feeder.  I wish I had gotten a video of that!




Last but not least is a picture of a male Blue Grosbeak taken this morning.




Oh....I almost forgot about the Rat!  If you garden with wildlife in mind you are bound to have these around.  I'm not a fan of rats.  No offense Ratty.:)  But this guy is cute in his own rat way. 




Peace to All!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails