Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garden Delights

I love this time of year.  All four senses are truly delighted from multiple sources. Let me take you on a little tour of my Magical Garden.  (Thanks Pat for the name!) 


When entering into my yard/garden you are first met with the wonderful fragrance and sight of my Wisteria.  Maybe you will catch a Ruby-throated Hummingbird or Bumblebees visiting the blooms.




As you walk down the little path other aromas fill the air. The Honeysuckles are blooming along the fence.  Yesterday my granddaughter and I pulled the ripe blooms off to get a taste of the sweet nectar.  Did any of you do this as a child?




But wait....there is yet another fragrance coming from this huge shrub.  I found this rose at a old homestead.  I'm not sure of the name but I think it could be a Carolina Rose. 


  

 Now let's go look at the flowers over by the water garden.






Hmmm......there will soon be blueberries to eat. If the birds don't beat me to them.  Let's take a closer look at the Foxglove.  The flowers have interesting spots on the inside.




Birds are singing as they wait for us to sit down.  It will only take a minute for them to fly into the garden.  Hey look there is a........(to be continued) hehehe


Happy Mother's Day to Moms Everywhere!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails