Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Updates On Chickadee and Killdeer Nests Plus Other Happenings!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!  I sure did.

Sunday, I had a family dinner at one of my Niece's.  The food was wonderful!  It was a joy to visit with my family.  Afterwards, I left for Atlanta to spend the night with my daughter and son-in-law.  They needed me to care for my granddaughter today as she was on Spring Break this week.  

I take Hwy 41 to get to their home as Interstate 75 is a horror to drive (for me at least).  I turn on West Paces Ferry which takes me by the Governor's Mansion and other big fine homes.  Oh My!  What a pretty street to visit this time of year.  Their were Redbuds and Dogwoods trees blooming every few feet.  It seemed that every driveway entrance had Tulips and Daffodils in full bloom....in mass.  Hmmm....I have to wonder if they enjoy a "stress free" life???

Today at my daughter's an Eastern Mockingbird kept hanging around on their roof, deck, and the trees in the back yard.  He/She was constantly singing.  I counted 20 different songs while he was singing on the roof.  While I was swaying in the hammock, the bird landed 2 feet from me.  I said "hello". He just looked at me and pecked at the ground.  Then flew to a tree and sang some more.

Mockingbirds are a sign that you should sing out your special songs or talents and share them with others. Oooo...I needed this message.  Please take note when one enters your life to "Dance Like No one Is Watching" or even better...."Sing like No One is Listening"!

On my way home, I stopped at my Sister's Church to check on the Killdeer.  I am happy to report that all is well.  The temps here were in the mid 80's.  She was standing over the nest shading the eggs from the heat of the Sun.  Now how cool is this?



The eggs are really hard to see. This concerned me...so.... I slowly moved in closer.  Miss Killdeer moved closer to me.  I feared I had gone to far.....but she stopped and I was able to see the 4 eggs....so all was "really" well.  I took the picture and slowly moved back.  I didn't see the "broken wing" act so I was happy that I didn't "stress her".



I eagerly checked the Carolina Chickadee nest when I finally got home.  All is well here also.  There aren't any eggs yet but more cat hair has been added on top of the nest.  This is a picture of one of the Carolina Chickadees.  I took this one this afternoon.  Chickadees seldom stand still....so it is always a good day when you get one without a "blurr".:)



Wishing All a Stress-Free Life and Major Thanks for the Visit!


ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails