Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Now There are 6 Eggs in the Carolina Chickadee Nest!

I checked the nestbox this afternoon.  I lightly tapped on the nestbox and Mama Chickadee flew out and scared me.:)  She sat in the nearby Serviceberry tree and voiced her displeasure.  I quickly opened the box.  I had set my camera on "auto" and "Macro", then positioned my camera over the nest and took a couple of pictures.  With such a small space I couldn't focus or see the eggs.  I am dog gone pleased with this picture of the 6 eggs!



The weather was quite nice today with temps in the low 70s.  I planted some annuals....Marigolds, Impatiens, and Salvias.  The hard part is pinching off the blooms and buds so they will work on their roots getting settled into the new home.  I usually wait a day before removing the blooms so I can sit and enjoy them a few hours.  I also planted a Pineapple Sage which blooms in late summer and the Hummers really love it!  I also planted some Parsley for the Monarch Butterflies.  Parsley is a biannual so needs to be replaced every 2 years.

After all this work....(did I mention that I weeded also?)...I sat and watched the birds.  I didn't even bother trying to get any pictures.  Sometimes you must just sit and enjoy the action.

Wishing All a Stress-Free Life!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails