Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird & American Goldfinch


I worked outside most of day planting a few flowers, herbs, a hot pepper plant plus played with the rocks at my water garden. While cutting back the Japanese Honeysuckles (which are very invasive) I noticed they have started to bloom.  Well, the Hummingbirds will be happy.  Speaking of Hummers....I have this one male Ruby-Throated that has laid claim to the feeders and yard.  I watch him run off 2 other males.  It is hard for me to get a capture of him in flight without the blur.  He did perch on a tree branch long enough for me get this shot.




The male American Goldfinches are looking mighty fine in their Summer coats!



They really love Black Oil Sunflower Seeds.


No more pictures the batteries in my camera needed recharging. I really need to get a back-up set.

Wishing y'all a great day!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails