Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Cleaning and Brown-Headed Nuthatches

It is hard to believe that we had snow a mere 2 weeks ago.  The high today was in the low 70s!  There is a saying here in Georgia: "If you don't like the weather, stick around for it will change".  This is so very true!:)

I took advantage of the short sleeve weather.  I needed to clean the outside of my camper.  The North facing end really was covered with mold and mildew.  This is the first view when you drive up to my place so.... it was driving me c-r-a-z-y!  I used a solution of a oxy-wash type cleaner and water.  This is safer for the environment.  I spray it on, let it sit, and then wipe it clean.  A mop is used to reach the high areas.  I also cleaned the front door.  Doors are important to keep clean.  Why?  Because doors are where opportunities enter your home and life.  Heck, I will try anything legal to have more opportunities! 

I also worked the flower beds.  I had left the seed heads standing last Fall for the birds to enjoy.  It was cool to see new growth on many of my flowers.  I had been concerned since our Winter has been unusually harsh.

Many birds where not happy that I was out and about in the yard.  The Northern Cardinals and other shy birds where hanging out in the woods around me singing, calling and flying from tree to tree.  I knew they wanted me to go away so they would feel safe going to the feeders. 

The Brown-headed Nuthatches are brave, friendly birds.  They don't give a darn if I am outside.  I can be a foot from a feeder and they will still visit to get a quick bite.  What delightful birds!  I love their wee sounds also.  Their numbers are declining so it is an honor to have them here.  I took this picture of one this afternoon.  Well wishes to you all!

 

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails