Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Early Spring In Northwest Georgia

This has been an interesting week.  We have had warm weather and we have had really cool windy days.  March is such a fickle month. 

My daughter and granddaughter came to visit.  We roasted hot dogs on the fire I had built.  The little one picked up pine cones for Grandma and enjoyed catching bugs.  It is so cool to see the world through the eyes of a child.  She is a budding photographer and loves the digital camera I gave her last Christmas.



I have many perennials coming up but the Sweet Violets are trying to take over my flower beds.  My granddaughter loved them and called this "Her Garden". :)


Last week this handsome fellow paid me a visit.  I was answering an email and all of a sudden he was right outside my window.  Luckily the songbirds had already vanished into the woods.  I really hate to a Hawk take out a songbird....but you have to admire them.  This is the Sharp-Shin...that didn't get a meal.



Finally....A pair of Carolina Chickadees started this nest in one of my nestboxes a couple of days ago.  In my opinion they build the prettiest nests of all our songbirds.  They use moss and then line the cup with soft material.  I will post pictures in the future of their progress.  It took 1 day for them to get this far. 


Well, that does it for now.  Happy Birding and hope your life is Stress Free!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails