Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Some Background

After living in downtown Atlanta for a few years I grew weary of the city life. Heck....I had a type of mental breakdown.  I grew-up on a farm in NC and needed to get back to connecting with nature. Deep down I knew being close to nature would heal me. 

First I sold almost everything but kept my camping equipment. Then I set out to find someone who would allow me to camp on their land in NW Georgia. It was late spring and I lived in a tent until late fall. Then I found an old school bus that had been made into a camper. I moved it to the land and lived in the bus for 2 1/2 years. I didn't have electricity or running water. It was an experience I will never forget.

I studied the change of the seasons. I put up bird feeders and studied the birds. I learned how to cook almost everything on a campfire. Many nights I would sit out and glaze at the moon and stars. By candlelight I read the entire Bible from start to finish. That took me a couple of months as I kept having to look up words.

My family thought I was Nuts!:-)

While at a friend's house one night some people broke into my Bus and what they didn't take they destroyed.

To Be Continued.....

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails